Keep your little ones protected from the sun and snug and dry after a dip with a simple swim cover up. This Swim Cover Up Tutorial is a Quick Sew!
Perfect for the beach or the pool!
And the hood makes drying off a breeze
Let’s get started!
- 1/2 Yard terry cloth for size 18 mos or a beach towel (I spotted some in the Target dollar area awhile back)
- Bias Tape
- Sewing supplies
1.Cut out your pieces. Make sure you make the arm and neck holes nice and roomy so it’s easy to get on and off. I used a hood on a coat as a guide for making the hood. The skirt should be 1 1/2 times the width of the bodice piece. You need 2 of each piece. ***If you’re using a beach towel use the finished edges of the towel for the straight edge of the hood and the bottom of the skirt.
2. Sew the sides of the skirt together with RST and gather the top, so it’s the same width as the bodice.
2. With right sides together sew the curved edge of the hood
3. Add bias tape to the hood edge and the bottom of the skirt (unless you already have the finished towel edge)
4. With RST sew up the side seams of the bodice
5. RST sew the gathered skirt to the bodice.
6. RST sew the hood to the neck opening of the bodice. Terry cloth stretches so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting the hood to go all the way around.
7. Add bias tape to the arm holes
You’re ready to hit the beach!