Turn your kiddo into the “The Flash” with this super quick and easy diy flash costume! One of my favorite things about this costume is after Halloween is over it can be worn as pjs 🙂
This diy flash costume comes with some serious super powers!
I almost skipped making the boot covers and I’m so glad I took the extra time to get those made because my son loved them! He was very convinced they gave him an extra boost of speed.
Ready to make your own? Here’s what you’ll need:
DIY Flash Costume Materials
- Red Pajamas or make your own (I used the Alex & Anna Winter PJs)
- Red and yellow felt or craft foam for the mask
- Yellow knit fabric for the boot covers
- Elastic for the mask and boot covers
- Your choice of fabric paint, heat transfer vinyl or felt for creating the flash logo
I ended up using heat transfer vinyl for my logo but you can also use paint or felt. A quick google search will bring up lots of logos to choose from if you’d like something to trace.
There are a lot of free mask templates available to use as a starting point. I recommend this template by The Craft Train and then you’ll just need to add some lightning bolts to the sides.
For the boot covers I followed the instructions for our batman costume tutorial
And that’s it! Quick and easy and sure to please 🙂