Hi everyone! Sara here from Made by Sara. Summer is finally here on my corner of the woods! And that means kids are now officially on vacation for three (endless) months. For a stay-at-home mom that means having to come up with lots of ideas for new activities every single day or else… it’s chaos. (I am sure you know what I mean, right?)
My girls don’t miss the chance to play with ribbons and buttons. So I thought we could have a crafty afternoon making some embellished hair elastics! This is an easy no-sew project for kids. They had so much fun, for hours!
- Hair elastics (the thin kind),
- Bits and pieces of ribbon
- Fun shank buttons (with a large hole)
How to Make the Button Hair Elastics
- Fold the elastic.
- Pass it through the shank hole.
- Tie a loop and pull.
How to Make the Ribbon Embellished Hair Elastics
- Cut several pieces of ribbon (8” to 10”)
- Tie them on in the elastic, all around or just on half of it
These can also make a cute coordinating accessory to go with that dress! Combine colors and you will have a themed hair elastic. Think 4th of July!
Show us your embellished hair elastics on Peek-a-Boo Pages’ Facebook group!