Grab some scraps and let’s sew for dolly with this free 18″ doll swimsuit & leotard pattern!
(Pattern Coupon Code is found in New Subscriber E-mail and/or first post in Facebook Group).
Download your Free Pattern here
To make your swimsuit you’ll need 1/4 yard fabric with 4-way stretch. Use a 1/4″ seam allowance. All seams and topstitching need to be sewn with a stitch that allows stretch: serger, zig-zag stitch, stretch stitch, double needle, etc.
1. With right sides together (RST) sew the front and back together at the crotch.
2. Open the suit up and fold the leg openings over 1/4″ towards the wrong side of the suit and sew in place.
3. With RST sew the front and back together along one shoulder seam
4. Fold the neckline of the suit over 1/4″ towards the wrong side of the swimsuit and topstitch in place.
5. With RST sew the other shoulder seam together.
6. Fold the arm openings over 1/4″ towards the wrong side and sew in place.
7. With RST sew up the suit side seams