I like to keep parties simple so I decided a reusable Birthday Banner was well worth making!
And since #2 is a boy I used every color in the rainbow to keep it gender neutral:)
This really was a quick and simple project and I love how it turned out!
So much better than buying a junky paper one at the dollar tree over and over and over again…
And I’m willing to bet you have some fabric scraps you could use for this:)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fabric in a variety of colors
- Fabric for lettering
- Double sided fusible interfacing
- Felt for Backing- I used fusible felt and it was awesome!
1. Cut out your letters. I added interfacing to the wrong side of my fabric and then cut out the letters with my cricut- quick and easy! You could definitely use scissors for this step too- put the interfacing on 1st either way you do it. If you’re cutting from the wrong side remember to cut our mirror images of your letters or everything will come out backwards
2. Next I peeled the paper backing off my letters and ironed each letter to a rectangle of fabric- I think mine were 5×6″??? Pennant shape is super cute too. You could then applique the letters but mine were sticking really well so I just left it as is.
3. Next I ironed each square to my fusible felt pieces and sewed around each one with a basting stitch. To finish it up I just sewed a piece of ribbon across the top.
Easy peasy and perfect for any birthday!