- 1/2 yard fabric in 2 colors
- 3/4″ width elastic
1. Cut out your pieces. My body pieces are 9″ across at the top, 15″ across at the bottom and 18″ long. The strap and the waist ties are 18 x 2.5″. This goes to just past her knees so you might want to lengthen or shorten depending on your tot.
3. Turn the waist ties right side out by pushing the short end back through the tie with a crochet hook, pencil end, etc. Top stitch along the edges to help them lay flat (you should iron 1st but I skipped that and it turned out fine)
4. Cut your elastic to the desired length (mine was 12″) and cut off the sewn shut end of your neck tie. Feed the elastic through the tie with a safety pin until 1 end meets up with the raw edges of the tie. Tack it down and then pull the elastic through to the other end and tack down.
5. Baste the ties in place on the right side of 1 apron piece- make sure they are far enough away from the armhole of the apron or they will get caught in the armhole seam