This darling little skirt has a diaper cover built right into it! And it’s actually quicker and easier than making them separately:)
Happy sewing momma and a very happy tot because the whole getting dress process is just a bit quicker!
- Fabric for diaper cover: knits work really well
- Fabric for skirt
- Bias Tape
- Elastic: any width (more on that later)
- Pattern (for a 12-18 mos diaper cover you can grab a pattern here
2. Gather your bottom skirt piece to match the length of the top skirt piece
3. With right sides together sew the gathered portion to the top skirt piece
4. With RST sew up the side seam
5. Assemble your diaper cover (minus the top) using this tutorial. Slide the diaper cover inside the skirt so the wrong side of the diaper cover is against the right side of the skirt. Sew along the top edge
6. Add bias tape to the bottom of your skirt.
***Option 1: Add 2 button holes to skirt (not the diaper cover!) and then sew a line of stitching about 1″ down from the top to form a casing while sewing the diaper cover to the skirt. Thread a piece of 1/8 or 1/4″ elastic through to use as your drawstring. This will give you the paper bag type of look