- Felt tree skirt (Family Dollar- $3 and most big box stores)
- Green felt
- Christmas print fabric
- White & Green baby ric rac
1. Admire your blank canvas! Or… if you couldn’t find a tree skirt here’s a look at how to make one. Big circle w/ a cutout in the middle and a slit up one side
2. Fold the skirt in half, now fold it in half again. Cut out a semi-circle template- I traced around a bowl and cut it in half. Make sure it fits well going all the way across your folded segment. You can trim it a bit to make it fit or just scoot each scallop together a smidge as you cut (that’s what I did). Start at one end and work to the other cutting scallops.
3. ***Optional- If you want a nice finished edge you can use a zig-zag stitch to go all the way around the tree skirt
4. Cut out 4 Christmas trees and sew on some button ornaments
5. Add some ric rac lights. Stitch the tree to the skirt using a zig-zag stitch tucking in the tails of your light strands as you go. I laid the trees out on the skirt, so that there was room for 4 trees and 3 presents in between- I didn’t do a present where the slit is to get the skirt on the tree
6. Add a button star to the top
8. Add a nice ric rac bow to the top of each present.