- Orange yarn and knitting needles OR old knit hat, sweater, etc. to cut up
- Fall fabric scraps
- Fusible Web
1. Knit a small orange swatch. I just used stockinette stitch and worsted weight yarn, but this would be really cute in garter, seed, rib, etc. (skip to step 2 if you don’t knit)
2. Cut out a pumpkin shape from your knitted swatch or old knit item.
3. Cut out a piece of fusible web and adhere your pumpkin to the shirt. *This took a bit of patience. Don’t set your iron to hot or your yarn might melt, so to get it to fuse I used a lower heat setting for a longer amount of time
4. Now that your pumpkin is in place, stitch all the way around it with a zig zag stitch. If you want you could just do a pumpkin. Of course, I decided to add a little extra something:) To finish off the shirt I cut out as stem and letters and then stitched them down with a zig zag stitch. You could also hand embroider with a blanket stitch.