Welcome to day 5 of the Classic Oxford Sew Along
Monday we prepared our patterns and cut out the pattern pieces. Tuesday we worked applying the interfacing to the pattern pieces and created the button placket. Wednesday we assembled the back by creating the box pleat and learned how to do the burrito roll method to assemble the shoulder seams. Thursday we learned how to sew a sleeve placket.
Click on the video below to learn how to sew a shirt collar
The video clips off right at the end. (Technology isnt’ always my friend! I ran out of space on my camera.)
Finish topstitching the collar stand all the way around. That’s all we missed.
After you have your collar attached, complete the rest of the pattern. That’s it! You have a Classic Oxford!!
Monday we will be announcing the winners!
The weekend will be your chance to get caught up. Be sure to share your shirts in the Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop Facebook Group and on Instagram. #classicoxford
Joining In on the FUN:
1. Pick up a copy of the Classic Oxford
2. Check here on the blog everyday this week
3. Join the Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop Facebook Group: Participants are encouraged to post in-progress photos, ask for help and advice, etc. throughout the week
4. Upload your Finished Photo to the Facebook group and/or Instagram and tag it with #classicoxford
$25 Peek-a-Boo Gift Cards will be awarded for the following prizes:
#1: Fan Favorite (based on # of likes on fb)
#2: Designer Favorite
#3 Random Draw on facebook and instagram
Latest posts by Kelly Simonsen (see all)
- Burlap Basket Liner Tutorial – April 5, 2017
- Fabric Bookmark Tutorial – March 15, 2017
- Classic Oxford Sew Along Day 5: How to Sew a Shirt Collar – March 3, 2017