I just love this so much on my little blondie! Now he just needs some boots 😉
Let’s get started!
First let’s talk patterns:
- Tunic: I have a FREE pattern available for you in a size 2t. Download it here. Tutorial is below
- Pants: I used the Lullaby Line Pants in black fleece. This is a super quick sew or if you already have black pants in the closet you’re all set 🙂
- Shirt: I used the Grand Slam because it’s fast but any shirt pattern will do or layer with something you already own
- Hat: I used the Snow Day Hat in grey fleece. This is seriously a 10 minute sew and can be made with leftovers from the tunic
- Sash: 1 1/3 yards trim found at Joanns
Materials for a size 2t tunic:
- 1/2 yard gray fleece
- Scraps of red and purple felt for embellishing
- 1/8 fur for the trim
1. Print out your pattern at 100% (make sure it’s not set to “shrink to fit”, etc.) and tape it together along the dashed lines. I didn’t include a taping guide but the pieces tile like this for the front:
The back pieces just stack (1, 2, 3)
4. Turn right side out and with RST sew the collar to the neckline
5. Cut a length of fur to 2″ longer than the neckline and 2.5″ wide. Fold the fur in half so the wrong sides are together. Position the fur on the wrong side of the neckline so the raw edges are hidden and the folded edge extends up. Topstitch in place with the ends overlapping at the v in the neckline. Trim any excess. This does have raw edges but my son didn’t seem to mind at all and since it’s just a costume I just left it. If the raw edges bother you, you can cut a 2nd collar piece and enclose things.
6. Cut strips of fur for each sleeve and topstitch using the same method as in step 5.
7. With RST sew up the side seam/sleeve inseam
8. Add fur trim to the bottom edge with the 2 ends overlapping at the point in front
Tie on a sash and you’re done!
Need to dress-up a few more kiddos?
Get the Olaf Tutorial
Elsa coming soon 🙂
Happy Sewing 🙂