1. You’ll need a basic jacket pattern. I used the Alpine Wonderland Puffy Coat as my starting point. Decide which layer you want quilted: I used brown as the quilted layer flannel as the “liner”. Lay the pieces on top of high-loft batting and decide on a quilting design. I went with simple lines.
I was so excited for boys week that I actually had 2 looks completed!
Here’s our baby ski bum
After a long day on the slopes he needs something comfy to lounge around the cabin in Ok…he doesn’t ski (yet!) but we did spend some time at a cabin over Christmas break
The jeans were another re-purposing project with some fun knee patches for my crawling boy. Pattern for the Aviator Cap and Cowl Neck Sweater are in the shop. And today I have a tutorial for the reversible puffy vest!
With the cold weather we’ve been having here in UT this vest has been worn a lot!
I thought I’d get a much cuter picture without Anne’s princess crown. Wrong move mommy…
Let’s get sewing!
For the small collar piece you will quilt both fabric pieces together with the batting in-between.
3. With right sides together sew the front and back pieces together at the shoulder and side seams.
4. With right sides together baste the stand collar to the neckline
5. With right sides together sew the other side of the vest to the quilted vest along the neckline. The collar will be in-between the 2 layers.
6. Flip the vest lining inside and baste together along the outside edges
7. Now we’re going to bind the outside edge with bias tape. Sew on one long edge
I found it was easiest to cut more bias tape then I needed and then leave 2 little tails
Then trim to the right length, sew the short ends together, and finish sewing to the vest edge
9. Now just wrap the bias around to the back side (make sure the other raw edge is pressed inward, and topstitch down.
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.