Welcome back to Tasty Tuesday!
Every Tuesday I’ll be posting recipes and meal ideas for picky eaters. Along with whether or not it was a success at our house. I’m hoping for mostly successes
I found this recipe on the side of our Oats & More box (off brand Honey Bunches) and decided to give it a whirl….
Yup just like it sounds. Chicken breaded in cereal. Right up our girl’s alley! And I’m happy to say that she ate it and we’ve even had it again! No luck with the potatoes or green beans but Will is eating them now so at least one of our kids eats This is actually surprisingly good. My husband still prefers bread crumbs but it wouldn’t be too hard to make some of each.
Her job is to smash up the cereal for the breading. The first time it ended up in pretty big pieces and when we made it again I let her crush it for a long time into a pretty fine powder and that worked out a bit better.
There’s no real secret to this:
- Crush up your cereal and mix in a little lemon pepper
- Dip chicken tenders in egg
- Coat in in breaded
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Best Books for Beginner Readers – April 24, 2015
- Sewing Projects for Kids with the Girl’s Guide to DIY Fashion – April 21, 2015
- Teach your Child to Read the EASY Way – April 17, 2015