8. Fold the strap in half, tuck in all of the raw edges and stitch the strap shut along the edge.
Summer is almost here! Which means dozens of baby showers:)
Every little lady deserves a special dress!
With lots of pleats of course! And the ties make it super adjustable, so it can be worn all summer. And…those wonderful ties also finish all of your edges, so there’s no need for a lining- perfect for those hot summer days!
Let’s get started!
1. Let’s cut out the pieces. ***Ignore that piece on the left- it’s a mutant and should look like the one on the right! To make this dress in 0-3 mos. you can download the pattern here. Tape the 2 pieces together to form your full size piece.
2. Pleat the front of the dress so it’s the same width as your bodice piece. I did 3 pleats facing the center on each side. Baste across the row of pleats and then sew down the edge of each pleat for 2-3″. You can pleat the back or just gather it
3. With right sides together (RST) sew the bodice to the skirt in the front and back.
4. Fold the bodice piece over to the back, tuck in all of the raw edges and stitch along the edge.
5. With RST sew up the side seams, stopping at the armhole.
6. Cut your straps out along the bias (fabric cut on the diaganol is nice and stretchy). Fold the edges back and stitch down.
7. With right sides together sew one side of the bias tape strap to the armhole of the dress making sure the center of the strap lines up with the side seam of the dress.
Sweet & Simple:)
And if you just can’t get enough you might want to pair it with some peep-toe booties:)
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.