Thanks to everyone who voted! My Paint Poppin’ Pillows made it through Round 2 of Crafting with the Stars. Ready to know the secret behind these beauties?? Freezer paper stencils!
- Old pillow to recover, pillow form, or fiberfill
- Fabric (something heavy works best)
- Freezer paper (in the grocery store by the foil)
- Paint (I used a mix of acrylic and fabric paint. Both seemed to work just fine)
- Velcro or snaps- optional
3. Paint. Now be super patient and let it dry. If you don’t wait long enough your paint will bleed!
4. Turn your pillow inside out and sew around the edges leaving a gap on one side, so you can fill it. (For this pillow I used fiber fill, so the gap isn’t very big. If you are shoving in a whole pillow I’d leave a bigger gap).
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- DIY Gameday Blanket – October 2, 2015
- Save 50% on Women’s Undies Pattern & Spooky Savings on Fabric! – October 1, 2015
- Spend $35+ on Fabric and get a FREE sewing pattern! – September 4, 2015