After many many requests the Baby Cowboy boots have gone through a big revamp and are now available over at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop. They are now fully lined, the tutorial has been greatly improved, and they come in 4 sizes!
Get your pattern hereor…if you’re ok with mediocre read on:)
- 1/4 yard felt-backed vinyl (you can find this in the home decor fabric area. It’s for making tablecloths)
- 4 brass jump rings (found mine in the jewelry section- they bend open and shut)
- Sewing Machine
- Embroidery thread and embellishments (optional)
1. Get your pattern here. This pattern fits approx. size 3-4. Enlarge or shrink before printing to fit your baby. (*I’ve made a few improvements so don’t panic if you’re pieces looks slightly different than mine) Cut out your pieces
2. With right sides together sew your upper boot pieces together
5. Make your harness straps. For each boot you need 2 short pieces for the sides and 2 long to go around the front and back. I just eyeballed the length and trimmed as needed. Since vinyl doesn’t fray I just used a single layer and then top stitched in brown with a basting stitch for decoration. (I folded my edges under on the side pieces, but that isn’t really necessary) Then tuck the end under and stitch down, so you have a loop to put the ring through. Do that to both ends on the long pieces and 1 end on the short pieces. *If you’re using a ring that doesn’t open and shut you will need to stitch the ends down after the ring is in place
7. Turn your boot inside out and pin to the sole, so right sides are together. Tuck your short harness pieces in on each side below your side seams- the right side should be facing the sole. Stitch down and turn right side out.
8. To add your pull tabs cut a small strip of vinyl and stitch both ends down at the same time. (see pic. for step 9)
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Best Books for Beginner Readers – April 24, 2015
- Sewing Projects for Kids with the Girl’s Guide to DIY Fashion – April 21, 2015
- Teach your Child to Read the EASY Way – April 17, 2015